Each horoscope sign is associated with one of the classical elements (fire, earth, air, or
water) and one of the four modalities (cardinal, fixed, or mutable). It is also
associated with an area of concern: personal, social, or universal.
- Fire signs are associated with intuition, passion, and energy. In
combination with the other elements, fire feels that earth will smother it,
water will drown it, but air will fan and enliven it.
- Earth signs are associated with sensation, stability, and
practicality. In combination with the other elements, earth feels that air will
dry it, fire will parch it, but water will refresh and nourish it.
- Air signs are associated with thought and communication. In
combination with the other elements, air feels that water will obscure it, earth
will suffocate it, but fire will inspire and uplift it.
- Water signs are associated with art and emotion. In combination with
the other elements, water feels that fire will make it boil, air will evaporate
it, but earth will shape and channel it.
- Cardinal signs are associated with initiation and creativity.
- Fixed signs are associated with stability and determination.
- Mutable signs are associated with resourcefulness and adaptability.
Aries (cardinal, fire, personal): assertively, impulsively, head down.
Taurus (fixed, earth, personal): resourcefully, thoroughly, devotedly,
Gemini (mutable, air, personal): logically, inquisitively, superficially.
Cancer (cardinal, water, personal): protectively, sensitively, clingingly.
Leo (fixed, fire, social): generously, proudly, theatrically.
Virgo (mutable, earth, social): practically, efficiently, critically.
Libra (cardinal, air, social): co-operatively, fairly, lazily.
Scorpio (fixed, water, social): passionately, sensitively, anxiously.
Sagittarius (mutable, fire, universal): freely, straightforwardly, carelessly.
Capricorn (cardinal, earth, universal): prudently, cautiously, suspiciously.
Aquarius (fixed, air, universal): democratically, unconventionally, detachedly.
Pisces (mutable, water, universal): imaginatively, sensitively, distractedly.
Common misspellings: horoscpes, horscopes, horroscopes, horoscops